Question:
How can I start a tech support business?
?
2006-01-03 12:20:16 UTC
part time. I do not want to quit my full time job.
Four answers:
Michael
2006-01-03 12:24:49 UTC
Best thing you can do (this is with any business) is figure out who your clients are:

1. Where do they live

2. What age are they

3. What is their expected computer knowledge

4. How much can they afford to pay

Then you will know where to advertise, what to say on the advertisement, and how much to charge. Your performance will ensure a word-of-mouth growth in certain age groups (especially older people).

My suggestion is to target the elderly as they usually need the most help, are willing to pay for it, and will tell all their friends. I would also suggest offering training (how to email, how to send photos, how to...etc.) Also, get a Sprint phone (since they allow free incomming calls now) and have that as a dedicated business phone.

As for the legal stuff, get a Nolo press book (they put out tons of "how to start a business" books). They will have all the paperwork, and instructions you need to get started.

Best of luck!
GS3Central
2006-01-03 12:24:21 UTC
tech support for computers.

1.well the first step is to get your own website. (best company for that is 1and1.com)

2. You need to create a good looking website and advertise it, your a techie, you should know how.

3. Hire some people to work for you, either have somethng were people could chat with them on the website, or have a phone number.

4. Create a bank account specifically for that business. Create a paypal, e-gold, etc. account and link it to that bank account.

5. Be creative.

BTW: I am just guessing how, I do now know if it would work though.
kol
2006-01-03 12:31:38 UTC
With enough money, you can start pretty much anything. I bet you can rent-a-call-center in Bangalore, India for your tech support business. If you want to do it yourself.... your first stop is probably to look at some tools to start your call center.

You might want to look into Asterisk (Asterisk.org) or Asterisk@Home (asteriskathome.sourceforge.net), an open source PBX for your call center. Asterisk handles regular calls and VoIP calls, which you can then transfer the calls to your call center in India. :-)
moron101
2006-01-03 12:22:13 UTC
Speak Hindi and move to India. Almost every industry from banking to tech have been outsourcing to India for call centers.