Question:
I am looking to move Atlanta Georgia in two months Can some one please tell me the best areas to live in?
feedup
2006-01-22 06:49:43 UTC
I am looking to move Atlanta Georgia in two months Can some one please tell me the best areas to live in using a section 8 voucher?
Three answers:
jcaseymusic
2006-01-22 14:21:43 UTC
It depends on your pace of life, budget, and whether you are buying or renting. Due to all the interstates, Atlanta has easy access from all surounding, less expensive areas, such as Woodstock, Alpharetta, Austell, Canton etc. Nice family homes start an the 140's. Apartments start around 600/mt. for one bedroom. From any of these places, downtown is about a 20 min ride. Now if the fast paced life is what you are looking for, then areas like Buckhead and Mid-Town will be more your speed. It is definitely more expensive to live there, but everything is right there. All the big attractions like Phipps Plaza, The Fabulous Fox, Lennox, etc. I personally like Roswell and Woodstock the best. I have lived in both. Roswell is closer to downtown and is better for the single life. It's more traffic, but your moving to Atlanta, the worst traffic in America. Woodstock is better for family life I think. They are both great and Atlanta is awesome. I hope this was some help to you. Welcome to ATL.
nitram
2006-01-22 18:22:45 UTC
The first answer is good, but not specific for Section 8 housing. Check out: http://www.hud.gov/offices/pih/programs/hcv/index.cfm and also: http://www.gasection8.com for information specific to section 8 housing in Georgia. The other good resource for Atlanta is: http://www.atlantahousing.org/. In Atlanta, it's important to be near resources that are useful to you and to your job, to avoid all the hassles of traffic. Good luck, and welcome to Atlanta!
SWEETBABYRAY2002
2006-01-23 09:11:09 UTC
I LIVED THER FOR ABOUT A YEAR... BUCKHEAD IS VERY NICE, NICE APARTMENTS AND RESTAURANTS,MALL ECT BIT IS PRICEY.... MID TOWN IS ALSO NICE,,,, GOOD TRANSPORTATION AND DINNING AND MUSEAUMS